Since becoming a vegetarian, all I think about is food. What I want to eat, what I wish I could eat, and what I can actually make. Because I’m a student, I do eat a lot of the same foods, to save time. But now I have my favourite recipes that I can easily make in no time at all! See below for some of my go-to vegetarian meals.
Jalapeños and Bean Soup
Toss the following into a crock pot and leave on high for four hours:
- Mix of beans you’d like (I normally put in: black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, lima beans…etc.)
- One can of corn
- As many jalapeños you’d like! (I leave the seeds in because I like the burn)
- Half an onion (cut into small pieces)
- Box of vegetable stock
- Cup of water
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
I make this soup at the beginning to the week and eat it almost every day for lunch! So spicy!!!
“Gourmet” Grilled Cheese
(please note the intended joke here…)
Upgrade your regular grilled cheese by adding avocado, spinach, garlic powder and a slice of tomato if you’d like! Just adding the spinach makes it feel so much healthier…
Roasted Potato/Corn Salad
An excellent dish to bring to a party or to impress your friends and family…
Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Tofu
Made this pasta the other week and have been loving it!!
- Heat up some chopped up garlic and olive oil in a pan
- Cut up some sun-dried tomatoes and toss them in (adding more oil if necessary)
- Add in any vegetables you like, I use mushrooms, onion, spinach
- Crumple up the tofu and toss in with the vegetables
- Let simmer until all the vegetables are soft
- Add more oil and add the cooked spaghetti noodles (I use rice noodles)
Serve with parmesan cheese on top!
Thanks for reading,